I'm not sure that I've ever heard a more precious sound than those 175 beats per minute heart tones. I wish I would have recorded it to listen over and over.
We are very excited to share the news that Baby Huddleston will be here this Spring!
Here's the quick run down:
- I told Sean I was pregnant by giving him a pair of baby converse shoes. Appropriate since he grew up wearing them and wore them in our wedding.
- I'm currently 11 weeks and feeling great
- I had a couple weeks of nausea, but it was very manageable
- We heard the baby's heartbeat today for the first time - precious
- Another first today: I was called mom for the first time.
- We might be able to find out the gender at our next appointment if baby cooperates - just before Thanksgiving.
- I am beyond excited that one of my dearest friends and mentors, Bronwyn, will be pregnant right along with me. This will be her 6th! :)
- My due date is May 9th (did you know less than 5% of babies are born on their due date?)
When we left our appointment today, both Sean and I were relieved and very excited to finally share our news. I have felt very guarded up to this point and am ready to let myself experience the joy of this new life.
As we walked out of our appointment we helped our friends Adam and Heather load up their brand new baby girl as they left the hospital. It was a great moment to realize that, Lord willing, we will be loading our own new baby in early May!
God is good! I would love your prayers to combat my anxious thoughts throughout this pregnancy.