Our sweet Carson Ruby turns two years old today! My how time flies. To know Carson is to love her and gosh we love her so very much! This year we celebrated her birthday with friends and family with a cowgirl themed party, complete with ponies.
At age two Carson:
- Loves to play pretend
- Really enjoys reading books. Right now mommy or daddy read to her then she "reads" the books next
- Enjoys going to church, especially if we promise a bus ride (shuttle)
- Still goes to play learn during the day and has grown so fond of her teachers, Mrs. Amy and Ms. Linda
- Is a pretty good eater, though takes forever
- Has become quite girly -- as an affinity towards makeup and nailpolish and really dislikes bugs and worms
- Still sleeps in her crib, though we will probably try a big girl bed this summer
- Her favorite people are probably my parents, her friend Caroline and cousin Harlow
- Is really stringing words together now "I need more water, please" for example
- We've done a soft launch of potty training -- when home she usually knows to tell me and goes potty
To my main girl, Carson:
Carson Ruby -- this year your birthday and Mother's Day fall on the same day. It's so appropriate to celebrate those together, given you were the one who made me a mommy. With tears welling up in my eyes, I feel so grateful for the opportunity to hear your little voice call me mommy and to feel the snugness of your tiny arms giving me a big hug. Right now you are incredibly fun - I love your silly side and you seeing your imagination take flight. I love your snuggly side -- the way you need extra cuddles after you wake up from a nap and how freely you give hugs and kisses to others. Two years really have gone by very fast and each new stage brings a twinge of sadness for phases passing, but more joy and anticipation for the little girl you are shaping in to. Carson, I hope you know how much you are loved. Your daddy and I try really hard to make sure you are safe and know how special you are. As much as we love you, God loves you even more. As you grow older I pray that you will trust us as your parents to help guide you and trust that Jesus' plan for your life is best. Carson you are such a blessing for us -- you bring us so much joy and laughter. We love you to the moon and back!
Here are some pictures from the birthday party: