11.22.2009

Us lately

The busy season is definitely here! I think we can all probably feel our calendars getting busier, our priorities getting a little out of whack and our wallets getting smaller! The holidays, though full of great time with friends and family, can be a little stressful at times. (when compounded with house guests, work, the end of the school semester, etc.) We decided to do a little Thanksgiving here this year since Sean has to be at work so early the day after (Black Friday!). Sean's mom, brother and sister-in-law will all be in town...we're looking forward to having guests and I'm looking forward to trying new recipes!

The holiday gift making is going well...I have a couple finished. It seems that just when I think I have a gift idea picked out, I find a better suited gift somewhere else. I'm going to have to budget my time wisely over the next month to make sure it all gets done in time. Not sure why I feel the need to tell you that, but maybe it makes me feel better to get it out.

We went to a holiday party for my work on Friday (see pic above), hit up the MU football game yesterday then dinner with friends, the MU basketball game today and finally pictures this afternoon. I'll post some when we get them back from our friend who took them. I got a haircut this week and think it's too short, but will hopefully like it better in a couple of weeks.

I'm about to do round two of Facebook friend cuts. You should try it! It's much more fun to get updates on people you've talked to in the past year, lol.

I'll end this hodge-podge of a post with a few random facts about us:
1. I've only purchased one box of dryer sheets since we got married 1.5 years ago. It's a big box.
2. We were so cheap on our honeymoon that we purchased ramen noodles, garlic salt, and butter at a wal-mart in Playa del Carmen.
3. We are in fact so cheap that I packed that garlic salt to bring home and still use it! I should probably be embarrassed about that, but I'm not.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your hodge podge of random facts made my night. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete