5.11.2011

Haiti trip

Let us love not with words or in tongue, but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:18

As I was laying in bed the other night, I told Sean I want this to be my life verse. Oh how I desire to love others through action and in truth!

A surgeon I work with has developed a tender heart for the people of Haiti. His organization, theiteam, partners with the Northwest Haiti Christian Mission to help provide much needed surgical care to the people of Haiti. After significant prayer, God has opened some doors for me to join his team on a 10-day trip this August.

As I begin preparations for this trip, I covet your prayers. Prayers specifially that my heart would be ready to experience all that I see and also that financial support goals are met on time.

I desparately need to be pushed outside of my comfort zone -- to experience something other than the easy American lifestyle. Right now I just feel overwhelmed with the whole process of planning, fundraising, etc -- I hope over the next few months to blog about how the Lord is preparing me for the trip.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news! Thoughts and prayers for you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. As fate would have it, I will be on the same mission team as you. My girlfriend somehow came across your blog today. I am from Virginia and am really looking forward to the trip! This may sound a little creepy, but I promise I am not, haha. I am on facebook if you want to become "friends" before the trip. haha. #lookingforwardtohaiti!

    ReplyDelete