10.25.2009

MU Homecoming

This past weekend was Mizzou's homecoming. If you're unfamiliar with MU Homecoming, it's kind of a big deal as the whole concept of 'homecoming' was first established here. The week leading up to the game is full of events, such as a blood drive, skit competitions and service projects. Being here in Columbia after most of my other friends have graduated and moved away is a little strange, so homecoming is a great time to catch up with friends and enjoy an exciting Mizzou tradition. This weekend was pretty busy as I tried to split my time between old college friends, new Columbia friends and my family who all came to visit. Despite the fact that the actual football game was a disaster (who picked the UT game to be Homecoming, anyways??) a good time was had by all. Here's a picture of me and my sister, Kristel, who came up from TX for a visit.

I have purchased the supplies necessary for my next sewing projects: my Halloween costume and a super cute jumper dress. Sean is at work all day/night today, so I have had a pretty fun day of fabric stores, the mall, a facial and self-pedicure....oh, and Desperate Housewives, too. :) Speaking of Sean, I really like him. He has been so busy lately with work but is still always so helpful and loving! Mushy, I know.

Two weeks from Today I will be in Washington, D.C.! I have an all-expense paid trip to our nation's capital for a national conference related to my assistantship - it will explore healthcare and educational issues facing people who have disabilities. There are some great speakers in line, so I'm way excited for my first trip there. Also, my good friend Alicia is going, so I will have someone to explore with! This website has a little info about the program I work with here in Columbia: http://www.tips4kids.org/

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment