10.09.2009

Decorate a Bra Contest

As most of you know, October is breast cancer awareness month. During my summer internship at Ellis Fischel Cancer Center I jumped on board to help with a little planning for a fundraising event they were organizing -- decorate a bra contest. It turned out to be a big success with over 130 entries and hundreds of people who attended the viewing and reception. Here are a few of my favorite entries:


This one is a tongue-in-cheek representation on the importance of mammograms and self exams.

This one looked like angel wings and had a poem attached to a friend who passed away from breast cancer.



This is the MU Cheerleader's entry...named by my dearest husband. "Mizzou-kahs"



This one is covered with bubblegum wrappers and was called 'Boob-a-licous'



Sean and I are doing well...we made a quick trip to Branson last weekend to hang with the fam, which turned out to be a super relaxing and enjoyable trip. Sometimes when we go home we get so busy that we don't have any down time, but this trip was different. (in a good way). This part of the school year seems to drag on a bit, so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude during this lengthy time without a break. Sean has heard some promising news from the University of Arkansas and is finishing up his final round of application materials. On an unrelated note, you would think I would be game to get a flu shot and the H1N1 when it's available, but for some reason I'm not. I plan to give this more thought. Here's a pic from last weekend in Branson - taken from our parent's condo balcony down at the Landing.


No comments:

Post a Comment