3.25.2010

Goodwill re-fashion #3

The picture below cracks me up! I seriously look 50 pounds heavier and now firmly believe Stacy and Clinton when they say that wearing the right size makes you look slimmer! I picked up these oversize pieces from Goodwill for $5 and had something a little better in mind...

With a little love, and some tenderness (Hootie, anyone?) I created this beauty below.

I brought in the sides of the shirt, re-sized and hemmed the skirt, then made this belt. I intentionally left everything frayed and think it looks cool.

It's super comfy! I can't wait to throw on this dress and my rainbows for summer outings!

8 comments:

  1. LOL at your comment to the first picture. Good work, creative waistband design. By the way, I love WHAT NOT TO WEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely adorable! Wow... what a difference you made! great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Loved what you did. The belt is such a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! What a difference

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING! Love it! Great job! You have a talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly amazing....every one mentioned (both Stacy, Clinton, and Hootie) would be impressed!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an eye for new seeing potential in thrift store housewares, but clothes? You make it look so easy! I love love love the detailing. And pockets?? Your sewing skeels appear to be more solid than mine.:) If you haven't already, check out this mod... kindred spirits, you two: http://bit.ly/dekDqW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh I l-o-v-e Stacy and Clinton and repurposing old clothes. And your finished product looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete