2.28.2012

Time is Precious

Something that has been on my mind recently is that our lives (for Sean and I) will never be as flexible as they are right now. Soon enough we will both have full time jobs, add kids to our family and the schedules will get a little crazy. With that in mind, I was feeling convicted about how I was spending my time. It was pretty embarassing how many times I was checking Facebook and how many hours a week I was watching TV. 

I felt like some of my other responsibilities, such as spending quality time with Sean, studying God's word, communicating with friends, taking care of the house, etc. were being neglected due to things that added no value to my life. Actually, I might argue that some of the items I was wasting time on actually detracted value by stirring thoughts of jealousy and messing with some of my insecurities. 

I'm not off Facebook completely due to work, but I did delete it from my phone and haven't been on Facebook evenings/weekends for a few weeks now. I don't even miss it! Sean and I have limited our TV time to one hour an evening and now that we're used to it, sometimes we don't turn the TV on at all. Obviously not everyone struggles with the same time wasters, but we have seen these small changes make big impacts. The house is cleaner, we are spending more time in conversation and it frees up time to think about and do more important things.
 
Sean gave me this Bible study and I love it! There is a whole series that I plan to work through. Some topics covered in this book include: obedience, diligence, quiet and gentle spirit.
I read these books in a week. They were so captivating! I've got a couple of Hunger Games related crafts up my sleeve.

I've also had more time to play with this cutie. He played so hard outside the other day his little paws kind of got torn up. The weather has been beautiful lately, so we have had the windows open and are enjoying the fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. I have been in the same rut. Limiting tv has been a huge blessing. There is still plenty of time wasters I could give up too. Baby steps. :)
    Can't wait to see the Hunger Games crafts!!

    ReplyDelete