4.04.2013

35 weeks


I usually think my roots look ok...until I see a picture of me.
I'll add a hair appt to my {non-existent} pre-baby checklist.

How far along: 35 weeks, 5 to go!
Size of baby: Over 18 inches and 5 1/4 pounds, similar to a honeydew melon
Gender: A girl! Carson Ruby Huddleston
Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity.
Weight gain: Somewhere in the ballpark of 19 pounds, depending on time of day -- really packing them on at the end here, but thankful for a growing baby. Maybe with the promise of warmer weather in the near future I will get out and walk more. Maybe. :)
Movement: Less larger movements, but still feeling plenty of kicks. It's hard for me to tell what's what, but I'm pretty sure I can at least discern her feet now. When they are in my ribs.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well recently, even through the whole night last night. I'm most comfortable on my back and my hips propped up on a pillow.
Best moment this week: I just loved the shower in Branson -- my family worked so hard to make it special and they really did make me feel very loved! My Aunt Dana even flew up from Texas and surprised me!

I did have my first new mom fit of paranoia this week. I know braxton hicks are a real possibility at this time and have had them intermittently for the past few weeks. I had what I would describe as mild, but very consistent cramps for about 12 hours, so I bumped my doctor's appointment up a day to get everything checked out. Of course, all is fine and I was worried about nothing, but better safe than sorry, I guess.

1 comment: