1.01.2010

Happy New Year!

Oh, hey 2010! Sean and I are very much looking forward to all that the coming year will bring us. Some things we are most looking forward to: my graduation, moving to a new city, Sean starting school, and (hopefully) buying a home!

I decided to make my dress for New Year's, as I wasn't finding much while shopping and the dress I did like from Banana was about $150 dollars. So...with the inspiration from the dresses below, here's what I came up with:
The fabric was just $10 (thanks to a perpetual coupon I have from JoAnns) and I probably spent about three hours total on the dress. I was pretty impressed with how it turned out, as it was my first dress ever. Was it perfect? No...far from it. It was wearable, though, and was fun to tell people I made it when they asked where it's from.
We went out to Le Bourgeois winery for New Years with a group of Sean's Best Buy friends -- let me tell you, there was some excellent people watching at this event!
I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year! I considered this year's event a success, as I was actually awake at midnight!

2 comments: